Huron County Park Rules & Regulations
Huron County Parks are open to the public. Visitors are welcome.
The Huron County Park Trustees reserve the right to have anyone removed from the Park if they should violate any of the rules or regulations. A person who violates the posted rules or regulations is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment or fine, or both.
A. General Rules
- It shall be unlawful to remove, deface, or to injure any building, property or vegetation.
- Firearms, air guns, firecrackers, fireworks, and bow and arrow usage is prohibited within the park, except where designated or during special events.
- No hunting on any County Park Property.
- Speed limit for vehicles shall be 15 miles per hour except where otherwise posted. Motor vehicles are not permitted on beaches, picnic grounds, playgrounds or other areas posted against such use.
- Continuously cruising through the campground is prohibited. ORV’s and Golf Carts cannot be operated on any park property unless licensed to assist the handicapped. A Michigan State issued handicap placard must be displayed when transporting the handicapped person. The Golf Cart is to only be used to transport the handicapped person to and from a destination in the park.
- The sale or offering for sale of food, drink, ice, newspapers or the rental of sailboard or other items shall be unlawful without operating under an approved concessions lease. All other vending, peddling, or advertising is prohibited.
- Drunkenness, profanity, fighting, indecent exposure of the person or other disorderly conduct is prohibited.
- All reservations must be made using the name and address of at least one camper (18 years or older) at the campsite.
- For group reservations, a name and e-mail must accompany each site reserved.
- All reservations are NON-TRANSFERABLE, and the guest for whom they are reserved under may not be changed.
- Reservation fees must be prepaid in full and are non-refundable.
- All reservations for holiday weekends will be a minimum of three consecutive nights.
- A site will be refused to persons under 18 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- All camper are assigned a specific site that is listed and verified on the Reservation Confirmation. Switching from the assigned site is not permissible.
- Voucher requests due to cancellations will be considered on a very limited basis at the sole discretion of Huron County Parks. A credit voucher may be issued only if a site is re-booked by another camper. All voucher requests shall be made utilizing the on-line form.
- If a person or persons have not paid fees in advance, their camping unit, any other personal property shall be removed from the camping site by the Huron County Park Trustees to a non-camping storage area (storage fees may apply).
C. Park Models
- Wheels, tires and hitches to remain on Park Models at all times; Park Models to be “easily and quickly moveable at all times.”
- Exterior chassis mounted porches, patios and decks shall not exceed 112 sq. ft. (outside dimensions).
- Exterior Chassis mounted porches, patios and decks are allowed in addition to the maximum 400 s.f. gross trailer area.
- Portable decks up to 4′ x 8′ maximum may be allowed in addition to exterior chassis mounted porches, patios, and decks.
- Easily removal, panelized skirting may be allowed.
- All portable decks and/or skirting must be approved by Huron County Parks prior to installation.
- All utility connections to be plug type and quick disconnect type; no “hard plumbing or hard wiring” will be allowed.
- Park Model electrical service panel to be 50 amps or less, dependent on individual site capability.
- All refuse and garbage is to be placed in receptacles provided for that purpose. It will be unlawful to place household refuse of any kind in receptacles located in County Parks by any person not living at the Park or using the Park’s Picnic Area.
- Parks, or portions thereof, may be closed entirely or to certain uses as may be determined by the Huron County Park Trustees or their authorized representatives. During such hours it shall be unlawful to enter or to occupy such closed area contrary to posted regulations.
- Campfires are permitted in designated fire rings or grills only. No fire will be permitted on any beaches. Campfires must not be left unattended. The cutting of any tree, dead or alive, is prohibited.
- Each camper is required to keep their campsite and drive area orderly at all times.
- Storage of any kind is prohibited around or under any camping unit.
- All sewer connections must have a sewer collar which may be purchased at the Park Office.
- A campsite shall be occupied by only one camping unit. Small tents may be utilized with PRIOR approval from park management.
- Only one motor vehicle is permitted per site.
- Only registered visitors will be allowed in the park between hours of 10:00pm and 8:00am. Visitors must park in the day use lot or designated parking area. No parking is permitted on the streets.
- It shall be unlawful to install permanent type structures of any kind on campsites, including porches, patios, walks or storage sheds, except separate lease agreements. Portable decks shall not be larger than 4′x8′.
- All camping units sold in any County Park shall be removed from the Park and the new owner will be required to register his camping unit in order to enter the park. All sites are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Campers may not sublet camping sites or transfer permits and equipment.
- Quiet hours must be observed between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am.
- Check-in time is 3:00pm. Check-out time is 1:00pm on the date of expiration of the camping permit. If a camper desires to remain in the Park after this time, he or she must re-register at the Park Office.
- If any camping unit, in the opinion of the Huron County Park Trustees, would be detrimental to the general appearance of the Park, they will have the right to refuse the registration of said camping unit and it shall be removed from the Park by the owner.
- All camping units must park so that the trailer hitches are facing the roadways.
E. Rustic Camping
- There are no utilities provided for the rustic sites.
- Rustic sites are suitable for tents and small pop-up type campers.
- Aux. generators are not permitted to be used in the rustic areas.
- It is not permissible to run an extension cord to from a rustic site a neighboring site that has electricity.
F. Pets & Animals
- Riding of horses is prohibited in both the park area and beach and on any roads within the park area.
- Household pets are not allowed on bathing beaches, either in water or on shore.
- Household pets shall be securely tied with a 6′ chain or leash. Pets must be attended to at all times, even when tied up.
- Owners must clean up all pet droppings.
G. Groups and Events
- The use of loud speakers and public address systems are prohibited except under written permission of an authorized representative of the Huron County Park Trustees.
- The use of buildings, facilities, or accommodations for organized groups shall be governed by these rules and regulations and such supplemental controls as may be issued by the Huron County Parks Trustees.
- Pavilion registration fee is required by all groups who wish to reserve pavilions. Reservations shall be for not more than one year in advance. Reservations are non-refundable.
H. Water Activities
- The operations of boats, PWCs or motorized vehicles are prohibited within three hundred feet of any park swimming area.
- Swimmers must swim in the designated swimming area.
- THERE ARE NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY AT ANY COUNTY BEACHES.
- Fishing is prohibited within any park swimming area.
- Boat launch permits are required by all boaters to launch boats at Lighthouse, Wagener and Stafford Park. Campers registering at the park can get boat launch permits at the park office free of charge for the length of their stay.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on any Huron County Park Beach.
- It shall be unlawful to have in possession any alcoholic beverage in a container larger than 24 oz on any park property.
- All glass containers are prohibited on any beach and picnic areas in any Huron County Park.