Huron County Parks hopes all is well with you and your family during this challenging and unprecedented time. Unfortunately, due to the directives issued at the State and Federal level, all Huron County Parks will remain closed until at least June 22, 2020.
If the shelter-in-place edict remains in place prohibiting the parks from opening, thereby prohibiting you from accessing your site during your reserved dates you will have the option of one of the following:
- You will be issued refund voucher for your rental amount that can be used this year should sites become available or for the 2021 camping season.
- You will be issued a refund via check through the mail.
If your reservation is within the timeframe of the shelter-in-place order, we will be contacting you via email to confirm which option you have chosen. There is no need to worry or contact us now, as we will be reaching out to you directly.
The Huron County Road Commissioners acting as the Huron County Park Trustees will be opening the Huron County Parks on a very limited basis as part of a Phase I opening.
- All Parks will be open to Seasonal Campers only beginning at 8:00am Friday May 15, 2020. Communication will be sent out soon to confirm details related to your refund.
- All beaches will be closed.
- All public bathrooms will be closed.
- All playground equipment will be cordoned off and is not to be used.
- The park office will be staffed by the park manager but the building will be closed to the public. Once you have settled into the park and need assistance call the park office.
- There will be limited staff on the grounds.
- There will be no delivery of firewood. Wood will be available for sale on a self-serve basis.
- There will be no trash pick up. Please place all trash in the appropriate receptacle.
- Practice social distancing by keeping six feet of distance between you and others.
- Please stay home if you are sick or feeling any symptoms.
- Do not allow for large groups to form.
For those that still need to change sites, are moving back onto a site or are moving out of the campground, please call Jerry Michalski 989/551-9855 or the Road Commission office 989/269-6404 to schedule a time and date PRIOR to 5/15 to make the appropriate moves.
PLEASE NOTE: This Virus has affected all of us to varying degrees. This is very serious business. This Phase I opening is strictly on a trial basis. Please understand we are far from out-of-the-woods yet. Candidly, the success of the preliminary opening is completely dependent on you. We must social distance, practice good personal hygiene and adhere to the directives listed above. If any abuse should occur such as non-seasonal visitors crowding your campsite or a lack of common-sense safety practices for example, we will be forced to close the parks…perhaps for the season. You need to police yourselves to make this work.
This is a trying time for all of us. We understand the importance of getting these parks open so you can get outdoors and enjoy all that Huron County Parks has to offer. It is time to have some fun but we have to do this right. Your understanding as we navigate this uncharted territory together is very much appreciated.